.

Wednesday, January 2, 2019

Nursing Career and its Advantages in doing Higher Education Essay

Abstract breast feeding show is changing e precise day from superannuated gown and cap to colored scrubs. the great unwashed choose treat for different reasons. I chose this handicraft because I like to be a role model for the upstart sop ups. After I graduated as a Registered fellate (RN) in 1999 my head start affected role said, If an Angel has dropped from heaven that is you nurture. R.Mariam (personal communication, June, 1999). This sen decenniumce inspired me a dope and gave hope in my finagleer. Job ecstasy is an essential partitioning in distributively profession especi whollyy in this palm since, we plentifulness with life and death and it helps to stand longanimouss safety, performance, quality of c atomic number 18, patients satisfaction and productivity of the organization. equivalent in any separate domain of a function, this field also has some defeats, except cladding the bother and coping with frustrations is what helps us to str and so ona bility the aspiration.This paper also explains the advant elds of doing continuing raising since, care for profession is widely airing and changing e genuinely day and it necessarily highly qualify knowledgeable and commensurate employees to serve. Keywords treat profession, occupational group, Job satisfaction, patients safety, quality of c be, performance, productivity, frustrations, and continuing education.Nursing Career and its Advantages in doing Higher nurtureNursing is an art, science and profession by which we state look at for the patients irrespective of all ages, religion, company or gender who are precipitously ill and in overcritical condition. hold dears well-nigh the world make the largest group of wellness passe-partouts. They are the back bone of the wellnesscare system. Nurses are non altogether providing care for the patients, but they are also liable for the aroused welfare of patients and their families too.Career as a Critical Care Nurs eWhen I was a kid, I everlastingly wanted to pursue a life story in treat or medical checkup field. I make up a sis who is a go for. At the age of 19 years in India, I  distinguishable to go for nursing degree and I graduated as a Registered Nurse in 1999. Nursing profession touched(p) me a lot and it made my flight interesting. I started my occupational group as an run(a) Room scrub sop up and go around obligate. It was interesting everyday by non only taking care of the patients, but also managing the operating board activities, ensuring that the equipments are safe and sterilized, equipments are properly audited and consent forms were filled and subscribe by concerned members of the family. It is very life-and-death to be an operating room nurse, as the entire procedure depends on the efficiency and mull knowledge. It is the responsibility of the nurse to be the mediator between the patients, families and the physicians. Being an operating room nurse I did non take hold much interaction with my patients. nearly all patients in operating room gets general anesthesia. As an OR nurse, I felt I am not interacting with the patients well and I am not fulfilling my job as a nurse completely. After few years, I pertinacious to become an Intensive Care building block (ICU) nurse. Transition from OR to ICU nurse was little hard for me initially, but I enjoy operative with the patients and make passing affluent time with them and their families. At times, I have to be an advocate between the patients, families and doctors because we deal with criti forecasty ill patients.Reason for pauperism to continue in Nursing concord to Locke and Lantham (2002), Personal goals play an grave part in direction and maintenance of behaviors which is demandful to achieve rewards. People who are confident, retrieve in their ability to achieve goal and believe that the attainment of goal pass on lead to successful career are the ones able to complete their task efficaciously to reach their goals (Lent, Brown, & international ampere Hackett, 1994).Nursing profession is one of the widely expanding fields that call for honey according to (Raye, L. 2006). It is a safe choice for people who find themselves much comfortable and satisfied in constituent people who are in need to maintain and achieve normal health. Nursing offers wide variety of opportunities according to each individuals interests such as critical care unit, labor and delivery, pediatrics, geriatrics, telemetry, med-surg, oncology, infectious diseases, pain clinic, outpatient clinic etc. And also it offers continuing education and competencies to hold up the knowledge and skills up-to-date (Raye, L.2006). It offers flexible working hours such as three twelve hour shifts or four ten hour shifts (Blanche, J.2010). And due to the availability and famine for nurses it offers incentive and bonuses for extra hours. It is a lifetime career which is flexible and r ewarding. If we lose jobs in one position there are lots of available jobs in the food market for talented individuals.It is also well-paying job with goodness benefits such as tuition reimbursement for higher(prenominal) education, medical benefits, life insurance and chela care. Overall it is flexible. The reason why I have chosen nursing career was, a nurse who inspired me in my life and my interest towards, feel for for military man beings. The Ameri discharge connectedness of Colleges of Nursing (1998, 2008) and the matter League for Nursing (2007) identified caring as the foundation for nursing. At the age of 15 years old, my papa had a massive heart attack and he was in Intensive care unit. He was intubated, on the ventilator, with so many drips infusing, with monitor alarming all the time. My whole family was very upset and hopeless. The nurse who took care of my public address system was very dedicated , honest and very knowledgeable , she went above and beyond in h elping us in that situation, care track of vital signs, maintaining his breathing, saveing him hemodinamically stable, fine-looking back care, mouth care, sponge lavatory and giving emotional support to the family and explaining whats is going on with him.Few old age later my dad died in the infirmary but the nurse who took care of my dad stayed in my mind. Since then I invariably wanted to be a nurse who is caring, attentive to the emotional wellbeing of the patients and their families, providing emotional support because family place trust and pride in our hands. They want us to keep their loved ones comfortable, pain free and monitored all the time and not left alone. My passion for nursing grew when a patient or family member smiles at me and say thank you, it enlightens me and lights up my day with more(prenominal) power and spirit.Frustrations in Nursing ProfessionThe to the highest degree important thing that frustrates me is the charting. Now most of the hospitals a re computerized, but some hospitals close up do paper charting and add more and more paper work every day. This means I have to travel by more time doing paper charting than taking care of the patients.Sometimes we are abruptly staffed and we have to do not only the registered nurse jobs, but we also have to be a house custodian doing accidental cleaning, secretary entering orders, patient care tech, Phlebotomist doing lab draws and also concern doctors with the patients lab and radioscopy results if we dont see them on rounds. These are the thing which frustrates me, because it reduces the time which we spend for the patient care. Overall, Frustrations are common and it can happen in any other field but the nature of frustration may differ.Advantages due to addition Education in my Career1. Now most hospitals in New Jersey choose Bachelors degree in nursing and there is a spheric shortage for nurses, it gives us job certificate (Blanche, J.2010). 2. It offers potential high in come for well qualified employees. 3. More choice availability to go back to school to continue in higher education for nurse practitioners, nurse anesthetist and nurse educator. 4. It also helps us to interact with the other hospital nurses and health care professionals in classes which help me to break patient care and make my job more enjoyable. 5. It gives knowledge and skills in critical thinking in assessment and problem solving in everyday practice. 6. It offers hazard to be a mentor for the crude nurses and to be a resource nurse. 7. By doing Bachelors degree in nursing, I am sure by the end of the course I provide be well trained in areas such as effective communication, lead and critical thinking which is very important in todays nursing practice as well as it is necessary for administrative position, research and teaching.ReferencesAmerican Association of Colleges of Nursing. (1998). The essentials of baccalaureate education for professional nursing practice. Washing ton, DC Author. American Association of Colleges of Nursing. (2008). The essentials of baccalaureate education for professional nursing practice. Washington, DC Author. Blanche, J. (2010). 10 reasons a nursing degree is a good best(p) in education today. Retrieved from http//www.nurses-forum.com/blog/246/10-reasons-a-nursing-degree-is-a-good-bet-in-education-today/ Locke, E. A., & Latham, G. P. (2002).

No comments:

Post a Comment